cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied.

techcoor
Level 3
When I could not get Backup Exec 12.5 to find the tape drive (another question), I decided to use Backup-to-disk Wizard to try to backup to one of the desktops. When I selected finished, I get Unable to create new backup folder. Access denied. I have domain admin rights and was logged onto both computers.
4 REPLIES 4

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

I believe that you are creating a B2D folder on a different server. Add the Backup Exec Service Account in the Local Admin Group on the Remote Server on which you are creating a B2D folder.

Go to the Devices TAB and right click on Backup to Disk folder and select New Backup folder and give the path of the Remote Server and select a folder.

Hope this helps....

techcoor
Level 3
I did mean what I wrote that I am trying to backup to a workstation. There are no other servers at the site. I could backup over the Internet but I not comfortable how well that would work. Backing up over the Internet would take extra time.

1st Question is do I have to use a server?
2nd Question is what is Backup Exec Service account? Since Backup Exec opens without a required name and password, I have to assume that my Windows logon is Backup Exec Service account.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
1st Question is do I have to use a server?

No any share that the BackupExec service account has access to should work

2nd Question is what is Backup Exec Service account? Since Backup Exec opens without a required name and password, I have to assume that my Windows logon is Backup Exec Service account

It is the id that the services run as (defined at installation time)  Open the services mmc and check the "run as" field

techcoor
Level 3
Still not following. If I run services.mmc, I do not see the run as field.

Plan to uninstall and reinstall and relook at the entries. I believe there was a admin and a domain entry.