cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 12 AOFO Initialization Failure

Gary_DiPiazza
Level 3
I have Backup Exec 12 running nightly backups. I receive the following message in the job log with every backup:

"V-79-57344-34110 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Symantec Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
AOFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce the activity on these volumes, or wait and run the backup when there is less activity on the volumes."

The backups always "Complete with Exceptions."  I have the option selected to let Backup Exec chose the Open File Technology and also have Process Logical Volumes for backup one at a time selected. The number of seconds during which there can be no disk activity before the snapshot is created is 5 seconds. The number of seconds that the application tries to obtain the minimum quiet time, after which the job fails is 2000 seconds.

My concerns are:
Are all the files still getting backed up, specifically the open files even though there is an "Initialization Failure"?
Has anyone had better success by chosing a specific open file technology, rather than letting backup exec choose?
Should I even be concerned with the "Completed with Exceptions" alert?  I hate to accept that alert as a successful job.
0 REPLIES 0