cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 15 and Oracle duplicate ?

AlexanderD
Level 2

Hi,

i have a problem with a script we use to duplicate a database from the productive server to our development server.

The script was used at most 2-3 times a year if at all.

About half a year ago we needed the script again and found out that it isn't working anymore.

The script is started on the devolopment server.
There it uses the local rman to connect to the SID on the productive server and run the following rman script:
"rman TARGET sys/xyz@//ora-main:port/service nocatalog AUXILARY / cmdfile duplicate_database_poid_to_devsid.rman"

duplicate target database to euror UNTIL TIME "to_date('&1 &2 &3 &4 &5','dd mm yyyy HH24 MI')";
exit

Now with Backup Exec that isn't working anymore.
For about half a year now, i have been trying on and off to get it working again.
I had no luck.
In the very beginning i even tried the symantec/veritas support, but after three days of trying to explain my problem I gave up.
Sadly the supporter had absolutly no knowledge about oracle or how backup exec works together with oracle (His own words!).

After looking at the logs of a redirected restore, I ended up with the following rman script:

run
{
ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=192.168.139.120,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={2260A350-E9C-4819-96A7-961C722304B3},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Linux::\\ora-test\ditto,NBBSA_SOURCE_MACHINE_NAME=ora-main';
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL aux1 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
SEND 'BSA_SERVICE_HOST=192.168.139.120,NBBSA_TOTAL_STREAMS=1,NBBSA_JOB_COOKIE={2260A350-BE9C-4819-96A7-961C722304B3},NBBSA_DB_DEVICE_NAME=Oracle-Linux::\\ora-test\ditto,NBBSA_SOURCE_MACHINE_NAME=ora-main';
duplicate target database to ditto UNTIL TIME "to_date('&1 &2 &3 &4 &5','dd mm yyyy HH24 MI')";
release channel aux1;
release channel ch0;
}
exit

But for some reason it doesn't work. I end up with the following error:

channel aux1: starting datafile backup set restore
channel aux1: restoring control file
channel aux1: reading from backup piece BE_0bqltdar_1_1
channel aux1: ORA-19870: error while restoring backup piece BE_0bqltdar_1_1
ORA-19507: failed to retrieve sequential file, handle="BE_0bqltdar_1_1", parms=""
ORA-27029: skgfrtrv: sbtrestore returned error
ORA-19511: Error received from media manager layer, error text:
   BEError(0xe0001501) Das angegebene Backup-Objekt wurde in den Backup Exec-Katalogen nicht gefunden.

failover to previous backup

Does anyone here know how to get the "duplication" to work with backup exec ?

0 REPLIES 0