Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Exchange 2010 Restore: Single Mailbox

howithink
Level 3

Guys,

I need your help! My setup is as follows:

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R2 with Exchange Agent. Exchange Server 2010. 

I have done a GRT FULL backup of my "Information Store" and it backuped my Exchange database (by the way, excahnge backup is backed up to 'Removalbe offisite disk storage').

Backup ran successfully. Now when i go to restore, i am presenteded with all the user mailboxes. When i click on any user mailbox, i get a whole list of itmes i can restore for example: AllItmes, Common views, Deferred Actions, Exchangedatasync, Finder, freebusydata....and so on.....

What i need to know is how do i restore just a the deleted items, or inbox or contact or any single email in general. I dont see those options.

Please help soon,

thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you expand the individual mailboxes you will be able to see a folder called "Top of Information Store". Expand this folder and you will be able to see the folders for Sent items. deleted mails, Inbox, etc.

Select the required emails for restore and run the job and it should restore the data back to its original location.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

When you expand the individual mailboxes you will be able to see a folder called "Top of Information Store". Expand this folder and you will be able to see the folders for Sent items. deleted mails, Inbox, etc.

Select the required emails for restore and run the job and it should restore the data back to its original location.

Thanks,

-Sush...

howithink
Level 3

Thank you so much. that worked!