cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R2 question

Bubbanel
Not applicable

I have recently installed Backup Exec 2010 R2 and I am specifically interested in backing my Exchange 2010 databases. I have setup the backup and it ran successfully but I do not see where it tells the files that were backed. Is there a way to list what files were backed up?

Also do I need an addon/agent to backup the Exchange 2010 databases?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

To do a hot backup of Exchange (without shutting down the Exchange Server service) you need one Exchange Agent per Exchange server

To see exactly what files were backed up, you can turn on Detailed logging, but this can produce absolutely HUGE log files, and ussually reserved for troubleshooting

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

In the Job Monitor check the job log. it shows what all data was backed up, well it will not show

each and every file or folder. It will display the drives or the DB's that were backed up,

The restore window will give you a detail view of the data that was backed up

To backup Exchange you need Remote Agent for Exchange thats it.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are taking backups to Backup to Disk (B2D) folder and if you are using the Granular restore Technology (GRT) option then simply go to the physical location where the B2D. Under the B2D folder you will see an IMG folder created which will show all the files that are backed up related to Exchange.

If your backups are going to tapes and using GRT option then you can duplicate the backup set to disk and again Under the B2D folder you will see an IMG folder created which will show all the files that are backed up related to Exchange.

And YES you will require Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange server to backup your Exchange 2010 Databases.

Thanks,

-Sush...