cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Setup locks when selecting system state

jcarnevale1
Not applicable

Setting up a job using the wizard on Backup Exec 12.5. Going to one of my Domain Controllers which is running server 2003. When choosing System State as part of the backup job the program hangs. The only way to "release it" is to used the end program function of windows. It only seems to lock up on one server only, so I am wondering if there is a service to restart that might help. I have restarted this server (the one I am setting up the job on) and the the computer that backup exec is on, no change. Just a bit more info, I can select other areas to backup like a data folder or whatever without any issue it is only when I try to add the systenm state that the whole program locks.

No errors are generated, and the only Windows error is application hang.

Any help or ideas form those that have seen this would be helpful.

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I guess its due to credentails, check the BE service account it needs certains rights.

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH36718

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also it could be due to VSS service on the Domain Controller. Confirm that the VSS service is up and running on the DC and that there are no errors in the Event viewer on the DC related to VSS.

Also run the command VSSADMIN LIST WRITERS on the DC command prompt and confirm that all the Writers are stable.

Thanks,

-Sush...