cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Beserver.exe eats memory and crashes on 3 servers

Insurecom
Level 3

I have 3 servers running backupexec 2010 R3 with all the latest hotfixes installed running on Windows 2003 R2 Standard, again with all the hotfixes installed. I have no AV on the servers, or any other applications. These are dedicated HP DL360 servers used purely for running backup exec. Each machine is using LTO4 drives with the latest symantec tape drivers.

On each of these machines beserver.exe seems to consume around 150MB+ of RAM after each backup job is run. Eventually after the service consumes in excess of 1.5GB the service will crash, and report the following error in the event log.

Faulting application beserver.exe, version 13.0.5204.109, stamp 4e18e8e5, faulting module msvcr80.dll, version 8.0.50727.6195, stamp 4dcddbf3, debug? 0, fault address 0x000173d0.

I have tried uninstalling all .net versions from one of the servers, and reinstalled it with a Symantec support guy. This killed the backup exec installation and I had to reinstall the product.

The server still had the same problem. Various vxgathers later and some debugging logs and still I am not getting any results from Symantec.

The problem has been occuring ever since I upgraded from backup exec 12.5 to 2010 R3. Does anyone else have problems with beserver.exe not releasing memory after each backup job ?

I've been trying to get help with this through the support I pay for over the last 2 months and am getting nowhere. My case got closed by symantec recently as it had been open for so long but with no work done on it, and I had to start from the beggining for a 3rd time.

0 REPLIES 0