cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Issue with backuping Linux Server

StamAdmin
Level 3

Hello,

I have an issue with backuping my Linux server.

Backup Exec 2010 R3 is installed on a Windows 2008 R2 and was backuping correctly my web server until two weeks.

There was not any changes in the network or in the firewall.

Actually the backup server is unable to connect to my web server.

I check the opened port (10000) and a telnet is working in both sides.

I have reinstalled the agent on the web server and check that it is correctly started.

I checked the connexion account in BackupExec on the Backup server and it is the good one.

When I try to select my Linux server, Backup Exec tells that it is unable to connect to the web server.

"An error occurred while looking attempt SERVER content

Unable to establish a network connection to the server."

I do not have any event in the event viewer.

Does someone have any idea about this issue ?

Regards,

Guillaume

9 REPLIES 9

lmosla
Level 6

Hi StamAdmin,

Add the server to User-defined Selections.  Click on New Backup Job and Under the View by Resource tab right click  User‐defined Selections to select Manage User‐defined Selections. In the name field add the IP address of the Linux server select add and then expand User-defined Selections in the tree to establish the trust relationship.  refer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156427

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the Linux variant on the server?  Check the SCL below to make sure that it is supported.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH137682

StamAdmin
Level 3

Hi Ismola,

I just tryed what you explain.

I could add the Linux server in the User-defined Selections

The server appears in the tree but I could not expand the server, the error message is exactly the same.

Hi pkh,

I checked the SCL and it seems that my version might not be supporter

My web server is a Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 and in the SCL, only version 4.0 and 5.0 are supported.

However, it was working fine two weeks ago and the Linux version did not change since 2 weeks.

Regards.

Guillaume

pkh
   VIP    Certified
When you use an unsupported configuration, you don't know when it will break. To support Debian 6, you need to upgrade to BE 2014. The upgrade is free if you are on a current maintenance contract

StamAdmin
Level 3

Hello pkh,

Thanks for your reply.

Before thinking of upgrading my BE version (I'm really not a big fan of this 2014 version), is there anything else I can try to solve my problem ?

Maybe something that I did not check ?

Regards,

Guillaume

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Even if you solve this problem, you are still running an unsupported configuration. What happens when it breaks again? Remember you are on your own with an unsupported configuration. Also are you going to stay with BE 2010 forever? You are already experiencing the consequence of this

StamAdmin
Level 3

Hello pkh,

Thanks for your reply

I will see what is possible with the BE migration

Regards

StamAdmin
Level 3

I will be able to migrate the version because we have an active licence.

When I check my licence, I can see the "Linux Agent" in BE.

When I check my licence (paper version), I can see :

- SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 SERVER

- SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 AGENT FOR VMWARE AND HYPER-V

- SYMC BACKUP EXEC 2014 AGENT FOR APPLICATIONS AND DATABASES

Can you confirm that with the Agent For Applications, I will be able to install and configure the new agent for Linux ?

Regards,

pkh
   VIP    Certified
No. The Agent for Applications and Databases are for backing up things like Exchange and SQL Server databases. You need to purchase and install a RALUS licence