cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 lost connection to domain controller

Rob_Walker
Level 4

We have Backup Exec 2010 R3 SP3 installed on a Hyper-V host (Server 2008 R2) and we have two virtual machines.  One VM is SBS 2011 and the other is a business applications server (LOB) running Server 2008 R2.

A few days ago we lost connection with the SBS server.  In the selections pane the server no longer shows up under 'Favorites > Windows Systems'.  The LOB server shows up however.

I have removed the remote agent on the SBS server and pushed out a new copy from the media server.  I have restarted the services both on the media server and the SBS server.  This had been working fine for over a year and then all of a sudden it stopped.  We did not do any updates on the SBS server and no changes were made to the firewalls - Backup Exec applications are 'allowed'.

I ran into this problem two years ago with our company server that has the same configuration.  No one from Symantec was able to help us and my only solution was to uninstall EVERYTHING and do a fresh install.

Just for the record, the media server is part of a workgroup and is not a member of the SBS 2011 domain.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the SBS server show up otherwise under Windows Systems or via an UNC path under user-defined selections ?

Also, is BE completely patched with all updates ?

Rob_Walker
Level 4

Yes, user defined selections works when I give it a UNC \\192.168.10.2 and select the proper credentials for accessing the server.

Everything is patched by LU.  Downloaded SP3 and installed then pushed out new agent after uninstalling old.  Still a no-go.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Try the steps per this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH171274

Also, do check if hotfix 180429 is installed or not..