cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up to Disk to Tape

Wil1967
Level 3

I have backup exec 2010 R3 and currently backing up to disk nightly.  I would like to copy the disk backup to tape in the working hours.  The question is: What are the files that I should copy to the tape using Backup Exec?  I notice this bit of information in the backup report:

All Media Used
 B2D000017
 IMG000064
 B2D000016
 IMG000065
 B2D000014
 IMG000066
 B2D000010

Are these the files and folders only that contain the backup?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not just simply copy any .bkf and .img files.  They are part of a bigger scheme of things.  You should always use a job to duplicate them to some other media.   See this document

Reasons why copying backup to disk data files is NOT recommended.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

You should be copying both the bkf & IMG files, oout which IMG are the one which hold your GRT information for backup. BKF files would hold backup of other flat file or non grt information

Thanks

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Instead of doing it manually & deciding what files to copy, simply set up a duplicate job which would duplicate the disk backup sets to tape..you can schedule the duplicate job, add it to a policy, so on...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should not just simply copy any .bkf and .img files.  They are part of a bigger scheme of things.  You should always use a job to duplicate them to some other media.   See this document

Reasons why copying backup to disk data files is NOT recommended.