cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Startup Error

Jeff_Lim
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I've just downloaded the trial version of Backup Exec 2010 R3, and have installed it successfully on 1 of my servers. However, when I tried to install the program on another of my server, I got a message box with the following message when starting the Backup Exec 2010 program:

at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.a(String[] A_0)
at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.b(String[] A_0)

After I clicked OK to dismiss the message box, another message box with the message "The specified file could not be found". Following that message, the program just died.

I tried installing the program on a 3rd server, and got the same problem. All the servers are running Windows 2003 with the exact same hardware config.

I did some research online and tried to debug using SgMon, but there was nothing captured. Similarly, there was no errors in the Event Viewer. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Do you start the installation by running Browser.exe from the root of the installation DVD ?

edit:

see this technote:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH144647&key=15047&basecat=INSTALLI...

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If the technote does not resolve your issue try to copy the installation files directly onto the machine and try to install it again

Jeff_Lim
Level 2

Wow, thanks for the fast response, guys. I will go and try the suggestions now. Keeping my fingers crossed!