Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 .R3 With SP1 HP 1/8 G2 Autoloader Tape Error

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

Today i tried to install BE 2010 with mHP 1/8 G2 Autoloader "BL536A" showing the error below..

"One or more devices on this computer are either not connected or not working"

I Check the HCL and SCL they it is support but i have to install the new Device Driver Installer

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH167567

Please anyone can guide and correct me

"Shell i install the BE2010 .R3 With SP1 then update it will solve my problem"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

First Install BE2010 R3, after installation run live update atleast twice to install SP1 and other 4 updates

which are released after SP1. Make sure medium changer is configured with Microsoft drivers and 

tape drive with Symantec drivers.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AmolB

First Install BE2010 R3, after installation run live update atleast twice to install SP1 and other 4 updates

which are released after SP1. Make sure medium changer is configured with Microsoft drivers and 

tape drive with Symantec drivers.

Sush---
Level 6

Latest DDI available for BE 2010 R3 is Hotfix 167567, Device Driver Installer DDI20110915.

So first install SP1 and then install this DDI from the following link:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH167567

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Omar,

What Amol meant to add in was that the medium changer should show Unknown medium changer when the MS default drivers are installed.

If you're running Windows Server 2003 on your media server, turn off the RSM (Removable Storage service), and restart the BE services.

Also, make sure the autoloader is connected to a proper SCSI card...NOT a RAID card, and that the SCSI cable is connected to the correct port on the autoloader, with the terminator securely connected too...

Thanks!

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

CragV

it is Windows 2008 R2 With SP1 the Windows can dectec the Driver without any problem and i'm using BE2010 R3 With Bult in SP1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...OK, then you can check the hardware for any physical faults. Does the device show up correctly within BE itself?

FZ2H
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Guys,

after install the BE2010 R3 with Sp1 and apply the new hotfixes it is working and i'm able to do backup

but i have a question

"is i need to re-run the Symantec Device driver installtion"

AmolB

If the tape drive is showing symantec drivers and if the backups are working fine then there 

is no need to re-run the installation wizard.