cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 and SAN SSO Option

nims
Not applicable

I have Backup Exec 2010 R3 have installed the SAN SSO License and Option but I can't find in the control panel where it is located. Can someone please tell me how to determine if it is installed and where I can launch the SSO Wizard from.

Regards,

Norman

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

SAN SSO doesn't really show in an obvious way in the GUI as all it provides or sharing control (SCSI/FC conflict management) over a SAN attached library that is connected to multiple media servers.

In the wizard where you add the SSO license it should ask you if you are setting up a primary or a secondary server and if you state secondary you have to provide the name of the primary.

Jobs are still created on each server.You may see some options inside BEUTILITY.EXE - although it would be rare to need to use these options.

If you look in the storage tab on each media server thebn the same shared library should be visible and selectable in job configs.

BTW if you only have 1 media server then you probably don't need SAN SSO.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

SAN SSO doesn't really show in an obvious way in the GUI as all it provides or sharing control (SCSI/FC conflict management) over a SAN attached library that is connected to multiple media servers.

In the wizard where you add the SSO license it should ask you if you are setting up a primary or a secondary server and if you state secondary you have to provide the name of the primary.

Jobs are still created on each server.You may see some options inside BEUTILITY.EXE - although it would be rare to need to use these options.

If you look in the storage tab on each media server thebn the same shared library should be visible and selectable in job configs.

BTW if you only have 1 media server then you probably don't need SAN SSO.