cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec and HP D2D Backup System (Licensing)

Wangui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hey,

What licenses do I need to to acquire in intergrating Backup Exec and the HP D2D backup system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I have a setup running with an HP D2D backup solution (D2D2504i) and there are no additional licenses required as long as you configure the device with 1 virtual tape device, no other licenses are required.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Wangui,

AFAIK Symantec Backup Exec and HP D2D Backup System are two different product from two different companies. I do not see any integration here.

May I know what exactly you are looking for? Do you want to use the HP device as a destination for backups taken using Backup Exec ?

Thanks,

-Sush...

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, I have a setup running with an HP D2D backup solution (D2D2504i) and there are no additional licenses required as long as you configure the device with 1 virtual tape device, no other licenses are required.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

? Check the HCL...the D2D system is indeed supported, and therefore integratable...

Wangui
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks for that. Quick one - What if I configure it to NAS? Would I need additional licenses or will it just 'save to disk' as usual?