cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3 cannot establish trust relationship with Gentoo servers

jeden
Level 3

We have upgraded our media server to 2010 R3 and then proceeded to do all the agents.  Windows, Netware and Suse Linux all worked.  We have 5 Gentoo servers that need updating.  After updating the first one we are asked to agree the trust relationship but then get the following error.

Backup Exec cannot establish a trust relationship with the remote agent because of a security certificate signing request failure.

The ralus.cfg file shows the same security entries as a Suse Linux server that works so not sure where to start troubleshooting and realise that Gentoo isn't supported.  Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jeden
Level 3

As a workaround we did the following after a failed install.

tar -xvzpf RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-5204.4/RALUS64/pkgs/Linux/VRTSralus.tar.gz
rpm -i --nodeps VRTSralus-13.0.5204-0.x86_64.rpm

Then manually created the folder required for the certs.

mkdir data
chown root:beoper data
chmod 770 data

Then the trusted relationship was successful.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Refer to http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH156427

jeden
Level 3

The document is not detailed enough for the problems we have. After some investigation it appears that the data folder located in /opt/VRTSRalus folder is not present on a Gentoo server after installation as it is on a Suse Linux Server and therefore the certificates in it are not present.  Is there some more detailed documentation of how this trusted relationship using the ralus agent works?

jeden
Level 3

As a workaround we did the following after a failed install.

tar -xvzpf RALUS_RMALS_RAMS-5204.4/RALUS64/pkgs/Linux/VRTSralus.tar.gz
rpm -i --nodeps VRTSralus-13.0.5204-0.x86_64.rpm

Then manually created the folder required for the certs.

mkdir data
chown root:beoper data
chmod 770 data

Then the trusted relationship was successful.

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As Gentoo is not on the Software Compatibility List (for any version of Backup Exec) I would strongly recommend that any customers using the RALUS agent and the above unofficial workaround test both a restore and opening a file that has been restored to verify the operation of the backups.

KCS_IT
Not applicable

I have the same issue on two windows 2003 servers following the 2010 R3 upgrade but having followed some of the methods in the above mentioned support article it is still unable to establish the trust relationship and hence is not backing up.