cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010

Tim_Walsh
Level 2

My backup has been working fine for the last year and I changed the System Logon Account to  new user and since then I have been getitng the message

Directory \\IEORK122\backups\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

This is just on two of the many services I have backup

I changed back to the user that wss there all along

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent

I have added the user to the Share access security of each share

Can amy one help as these are key servers

Tim

6 REPLIES 6

DominikG
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The backup Exec remote Agent should always be running under local system account.

The services on the Backup Exec Server (Engine, Server, Agent browser, Device&media) should be running under the BESA (Backup Exec Service Account) which should be a domain administrator, because they are in most cases local admins, too.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It seems that that folder called "backups" is a shared folder and that you have selected it as a Share in backup selection list.

As you already have Remote Agent installed on that server try to backup that folder from the root of the drive.

For eg: c:\backups

Let us know if that is successful.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Tim_Walsh
Level 2

Hi

Thanks for the rely

What is strange about this is thet I have a server with three shares

users

apps

It backup the users folder file but I get that error when I try and backup the share and apps folder

Thanks

Tim

tech29
Level 6

Please check if the new system logon account has got access to share & apps  folders.

Regards,

tech29

Tim_Walsh
Level 2

I reverted back to the Sys Admin and setup again I rebooted servers yesterday and it did a backup for me now today again it is failing with the same message

When I reboot the servers it will work fine for a couple of days and then fail with the same message. I have ran the repair from te CD and worked again for a few days.

I cant understand so any help is very much appreciated

Thanks

Tim

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you created a new selection list and tried the backup using this?

Also, have you run BEutility.exe with the Repair Database job to rule out database corruption?

Thanks!