cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SP2 SCL for VMware vSphere vCenter vServer

HCSb
Level 3

I have looked around and can't find any clarification on this.  On the Backup Exec 2012 SP2 Software Compatibility List, it states that vCenter 5.1 Update 1 is supported.  On the VMware website, there is a vCenter 5.1.0 Update 1a and 5.1.0 Update 1b, but no plain 5.1 Update 1.  Are both supported?

PS don't even get me started on just how stupid I think VMware's revision numbering/lettering/updating is...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This should be OK as technically these are still 5.1.0 Update 1 & the build number changes but are the same major version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

vCenter 5.1.0a & 5.1.0b were earlier releases of vCenter 5.1 (And as such should be supported)

This is VMware's link to vCenter 5.1 Update 1 - http://www.vmware.com/support/vsphere5/doc/vsphere-vcenter-server-51u1-release-notes.html

vCenter 5.1 Update 1 succeeds vCenter 5.1, 5.1.0a & 5.1.0b

HCSb
Level 3

Hi VJware,

Thanks for the response.  However, you will see why I dislike VMware's version numbering so much because of the confusion.

I'm not referring to 5.1.0a or 5.1.0b, I'm referring to 5.1.0 Update 1 a and 5.1.0 Update 1 b.  These appear to be 4 different versions.  I've attached a screenshot of the vSphere server download page showing these 4 different versions.

Capture.JPG

VJware
Level 6

This should be OK as technically these are still 5.1.0 Update 1 & the build number changes but are the same major version.