Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Server on a Windows Server 2012

paul_tittel
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

I am really dissapointed that there is still no backup exec media server support for windows server 2012 available.

Since the release of backup exec 2012 sp2 there is not even a way to install it without support. Is there possible way to install it anyway on a windows server 2012?

I have already installed a lot of other components (VCenter server, endpoint manager...) on my management server so that an downgrade to 2008R2 is not an option...

thanks

Paul 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I believe this will come in due course with another product update.

However, although some people have it installed, it is unsupported and even if you have a contract in place, Symantec won't help.

Trawl the forums here to see how it was done...although I believe it might simply have been a case of luck to get it done!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

I believe this will come in due course with another product update.

However, although some people have it installed, it is unsupported and even if you have a contract in place, Symantec won't help.

Trawl the forums here to see how it was done...although I believe it might simply have been a case of luck to get it done!

Thanks!

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec is not supported as a Media Server instalation on Windows Server 2012. This support was not intended to be added in the recent service pack. To have this supported, you will need to wait for the next release of Backup Exec. Unfortunately, we dont have any public eta for the next release yet.

John_Leis
Level 2

So what are we suposed to do if our orginization is mandating an upgrade to Server 2012? Seems that Symantec is not really worried about it's repercusions on its customers. Might be time to to look at other options.