cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Time Windows and daylight issue

DavideAW
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I' have just performed an upgrade from BE 2010 R2 to BE 2012 SP4.

Some backup jobs failed due to an issue in time windows and the error is the same for all failed jobs.

The job have this scheduling setings:

-Start at 23:30

-Do not start the job after 1 hour after starting time (time window)

Below the screenshot of the error: how you can see the end time (ora di fine) is before the start time (ora inizio)

Is very strange, maybe is an issue due to the Daylight Time ??

Cattura.JPG 

1 REPLY 1

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

BE 2010 R3 and earlier (right back to at least 9.1) had a major issues with Time Windows and Jobs start times being affected by Daylight Savings time

BE 2012 was specifically setup to address these problems, however it is possible that in an upgarde scenario the time window config still remains hidden in the background on your jobs. As such I would strongly recommend recreating any upgarded from BE 2010 jobs that suffered this problem in BE 2012 and deleting the original jobs and then monitoring things in the week or so following the next DST change.

If however you can identify a job created specifically in BE 2012 that had a DST problem with time windows then please log a formal support case as we would need to dig into it a bit deeper.

Note: to my knowledge since we released BE 2012 we have not had customers reporting DST issues that matched the time window problems seen in the older versions. So your post does come as a slight surprise. In the past we would have seen a huge number of cases and forum posts just after DST because of this type of problem. Hence we do believe that we did fix it and hence my suspicion that is is probably just your upgraded jobs seeing a problem and you would not see this if you created new jobs.