cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied

DsoftDave
Level 2
Partner

Can anyone assist, I have a fresh install of backup exec 2012, and it comes up with V-79-57344-33928 - Access is denied None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

There is a lot of folders that this is on.

I am new to using the backup exec software and it installed without errors, set up the backup and storage, without errors, also ran the check credentials and they all passed fine.

Any assistance would be great

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...does your service account have permissions to those folders? Ie...is it a member of the local admins group on the server in question?

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Its recommended that the account used should have Domain Admin rights.

Thanks

-Sush...

Birend
Level 3
Employee

Edit the selection list and make sure you are using system logon account as a default and backup exec services running on the same user account.

DsoftDave
Level 2
Partner

Hi All,

Thanks for the responce, and yes the account has Domain Admin rights, its set up just like another one I look after, which buy the way works no problems.

Backup execservicesx running on the same user account and using system logon, its starting to be a little bit of a pain now.

Regards

Dave

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...as a matter of interest, do/check the following:

1. Try using your domain admin account...the full domain admin account (I know it's not recommended, but this should have access to everything on your servers).2

2. Check the folders in question and make sure there are no explicit permissions denying access to other accounts other than what's listed.

THanks!

DsoftDave
Level 2
Partner

Hi Mark,

Have used the full Domain Admin account to test also and that has just the same problem, which did supprise me.

Going to try and replace account with another one, and let BE create it itself

Many thanks

Dave