cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2014 and Hyper-V

Demz
Level 4

I have single Hyper-V (Windows Server 2012) host with few virtual machines. BE 2014 is installed directly on Hyper-V host. Do I need to install BE agent to virtual machines that I'm backing up? If I only do file level or completely VM restores I don't need the agent? For AD Domain Controller I need agent if I need to recover objects to AD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To backup and restore the entire VM, you don't need too install the agent. To restore a file/folder, you do need to install the agent in the target VM. To restore AD objects, you need to install the agent in the VM that you are backing up and you also need to install an Agent for Application and Databases license on the media server

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified
To backup and restore the entire VM, you don't need too install the agent. To restore a file/folder, you do need to install the agent in the target VM. To restore AD objects, you need to install the agent in the VM that you are backing up and you also need to install an Agent for Application and Databases license on the media server

Demz
Level 4

Thanks!