cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 8.6 and Sony AIT SDX-460V Tape Drive

Kev_Sharratt
Level 2
Hi

We have a Dell 1600SC Server. We have needed to install additional hard drives and our 20Gb/40Gb tape drive could not back up in one pass. As it was still backing up onto a 2nd tape during the day we decide to change the tape drive. We have purchased a Sony SDX-460V AIT-1 Trubo Tape Drive. I have checked the compatiblity and the drive is certified for version 9.x of Backup Exec. Will it be compatible with version 8.60 rev 3878. I did get a copy of Yosemite Tapeware Backup Version 7.0 (The documentation states Yosemite TapeWare XE, but the disk has Version 7.0 SP7B on it)

I would prefer to stick with the backup program I know but if necessary I will try the bundled software.

Many Thanks

Kev
1 REPLY 1

Kev_Sharratt
Level 2
Hi

As it appears that nobody could answer this question and also after emailing sony support & getting no answer. I decided to just install the drive and see. Backup Exec immediately recognised the drive and it is functioning correctly (I had to change the IDE cable to a ATA100 one in order to achieve the full speed).
The only problem was that it stopped at 99% awaiting me to confirm that the tape had ejected but I searched this forum & found a registary amendment that has solved this glitch.

Many Thanks

Kev