cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 8.x on Server2000 -"schedule out of sync with system clock"

jimmimcsandy
Not applicable

Strange problem -hoping somebody can help.

Have a Windows 2000 Server - with Backup Exec 8.x running on it.  Up until now.. its has been flawless - perfect - no problems - no complaints. 

Partial Back-ups Monday to Thursday - FULL Backup on Fridays.

We shut down for 2 weeks at Christmas, came back.. turned everything on.

Mounted tape.. - not a problem.. next day same.. and so on.. until.. one day, a full back up that usually takes between 4 and 14 hours starting Frida night :(   - was NOT FINISHED MONDAY MORNING 60 hours later - possssssibly due to "anti-virsus scan runnning at same time - -know that would bog the server down. 

Now in the mornings i get messages that "job 'full-back-up' has reported multiple tape alerts on XY Server refer to log file" - i go to eject the tape - wont eject, go to look at the log / scheduler.. shows nothing schedule.. finally after a lil fiddling around, my tape ejects.. say its Wednesday, i put wednesday tape in. .and it says Nope i Want Tuesdays' tape dummy.. - yet a CLEAR VIEW of the systems time /date clock shows - IM NOT on Drugs - it IS WEDNESDAY.. - so its almost like the BackUp Exec 8 schedular is outta sync with the PROPER system clock time.. - what do i do?

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

I vaguely recall something similar (it has been a while, after all  Smiley Tongue )

shut down the BackupExec services

remove tapes from all tape devices

restart BackupExec

When Backup Exec asks for a tape to be mounted, reply "cancel"

Continue until BackupExec stops asking for tapes

As I recall what is happening is that all the skipped jobs are now trying to run

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 01-23-2009 11:46 AM