cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.0 OFO: Initialization failure

Joel_Olegario
Level 2
I receive the following error on a couple of files that are always in use by Optika Acorde 3.1

Exceptions
OFO: Initialization failure on: " \\PROTEA\D:". Advanced Open File Option used: Veritas Volume Snapshot Provider (VSP).
OFO: Snapshot error (0xa000851c): VSP Snapshot CacheFileBroker was unable to allocate cache files. Check disk space.

Backup - \\PROTEA\D: DATA
WARNING: "\\PROTEA\D:\AcordeSV\DISC\Indexes\REGISTER.DAT" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.
WARNING: "\\PROTEA\D:\AcordeSV\DISC\Indexes\storesrv.dat" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

These files are constantly in use by the application called Optika Acorde, so they shouldn't be corrupt or the application would not work correctly. Also, there is plenty of disk space available.
The two files, REGISTER.DAT and storesrv.dat are less than 30KB each.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Joel
4 REPLIES 4

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

If the two files are heavily under use then Backup Exec is not able to place a locak on these files and then the items are reported as corrupt.
Try backing up the files when they are not active and verify the results

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Joel_Olegario
Level 2
OK, will try that and let you know.
Thanks!

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Thank you for the update.
Have a nice day :)

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Joel_Olegario
Level 2
The person who is actually having this problem upgraded to Backup Exec 10.0 and will try the backup this weekend.
I guess I'll just re-post on the 10.0 forum if she's still having a problem.
Thanks for your replies!
Joel