cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Agent Error in Veritas 9.1 on a SBS 2003 Premium Server

Janos_Schenk
Level 3
Folks,

Around once a week I get a Remote Agent error on a SBS 2003 Premium Server that is only backing itself up. A search of the tech database has not offered me any help, below is a section of the failure report:

D: Data
Family Name: "Media created 20/05/2005 17:41:41"
Backup of "D: Data"
Backup set #14 on storage media #1
Backup set description: "***** Full Server"
Backup Type: FULL - Back Up Files - Reset Archive Bit
Backup started on 03/06/2005 at 21:20:38.
The media operation was terminated by the user.
Error reading file data.
Error reading file data.
The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Please check for network errors.
A timeout occurred waiting for completion of media server data processing
Backup completed on 04/06/2005 at 09:18:10.
Backed up 26219 files in 1579 directories.
Processed 4,312,301,332 bytes in 11 hours, 57 minutes, and 32 seconds.
Throughput rate: 5.73 MB/min

I am using version 9.1 with all current service packs etc installed. The Backup Device is a HP DLT VS80 internal on a Compaq ML370.

The error seems to be entirely random, with a re-start of the server all is OK for a while, any ideas please?

Thanks

Eddie
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer the following technotes.

Title:
"A timeout occurred waiting for data from the agent during operation shutdown" or "The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors" (a00084f8 HEX or e00084f8 HEX) is reported during a backup operation.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258159

Title:
Backup jobs fail with "A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the remote agent."
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258331

Please note that certain points will be related to remote backups. Please ignore them.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Janos_Schenk
Level 3
Thank you for the info, I did not find that article when i did my search. I have made some changes to the config of BE so I will try it out if it fails again.

Thanks

Eddie