Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 and Oracle

sneezy
Level 2
Hi,

noobie here with Oracle and Backup Exec. I really need help... Smiley Sad

I am having problems with backing up of my Oracle Databases. Smiley Sad

The error is as follows:
"Directory {ARCHIVED LOGFILES}\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up."

I have already configured the Oracle Agent and point to the archive log directory as well as the control files. I can see the database SIDs under the Oracle Agent when doing the backup. The control file is backed up as I have the BECF file under the control file directory. Only the Archive Logfiles is empty.  I have made sure that I have full access priviledges to the folder where the DB is residing and turn on the archiving bit but still no results.

I have another DB running and there is no problem backing up that DB.

I am running backup exec 9.1 on a Win2K SP4 server and my Oracle server is Win2003 with SP2 and Oracle version is 9i.

Also, as mentioned, I have another DB that I "successfully" backup daily through Oracle Agent. But when I tried to restore the contents to another server for testing, there are no DB files. Only the Archive Log files and the BECF file. Fyi, I did not do the restoration through Oracle Agent cos I am trying to simulate a restore to a backup server.

Did I configure my backup job wrongly? Currently, I have already selected everything that I can see on the Oracle Agent to be backed up. Are there any other things that I need to backup or did I perform the restoration wrongly?

1 REPLY 1

sneezy
Level 2
oh.... one more thing to add, only the {Archived Logfiles} and {Database Controlfile} are available for my selection when I create my backup jobs.