cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 9.1 installer & SP5 needed - Yes, I know it's 2012...

Tom_Haver
Level 3

I am assisting a poor non-profit organization with keeping their SBS 2003 envirnoment alive on new(er) hardware.  The migration has been successful, except for a missing Backup Exec 9.1 installation CD.  I have the activation codes, but have scoured the 'Web looking for a downloadable installer & SP5 - without success. 

As I searched and searched, I found a fairly recent posting from another person (who had posted a request to this site, and eventually was rewarded with a link to the download(s) he needed), I am hoping my plea will be answered as well.

The Backup Exec program will be using USB (RD-1000 removable) Disk media as the target.  No tape involved.

I hope someone can help me with this quest, before the NEWer server has a Bad Day...

TH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_Haver
Level 3

I was able to find an old set of installation media, and install successfully.  Case CLOSED.  :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Backup Exec 9.x is no longer supported by Symantec, hence most of its online documentation has been removed from being displayed in the search results.

Tom_Haver
Level 3

I was able to find an old set of installation media, and install successfully.  Case CLOSED.  :)

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

The correct solution was marked Tom!