cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec CPS Installation STUCK

Ford
Level 3
Dear,

My office enviroment available and provided, only 1 Exchange server with backup system and AD.
Window Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 Installed and running LIVE currently.
This exchange server is attach with the Backup system from HP. (I understand that CMS should be installed on another server but i got no choice)

The server is installed with Backup Exec 11D and working fine.

The problem is i am unable to using the CPS function.
As i read from the Forum, the CPS cannot installed in Exchange server so i installed another copy of CPS at Active Directory server that is located in another location, remote site.

Currently i am having 2 server for making the process of installation only.
And both server now confirmed installed with CMS and Open file.

* When i try to create backup job, it requested i must need to have at least 2 backup server to create a job.
* On my exchange or AD screen, it only show one server in both site. When i try to push install under CPS function, it prompt
** "The CPS continuous management service cannot be configured remotely. You must upgrade it using the installation CD." **

Anyway i can solved this problem? I am installing the CPS using CD initially on both server.

I have been calling helpline since yesterday ago the case is never being follow UP.

+65 6823 2022

I have been redirected many times and waiting for support engineer to received call but nobody that is exactly providing the help.

I always being asked the name, the case number, and re-directed to another available engineer but always no body listening.
I always being redirect to listen on the boring phone tone for about 15++ ~ minutes and nobody is answering..

I am dishappy with the Support and always wonder how many Staff does symantec is being hired?
I dun want to be rude and i am just looking for a solution to solved this problem.

Appreciate if anyone can help.

2 REPLIES 2

DY
Level 4
I've been researching using CPS in our environment for the last couple days, but it's been pretty smooth.  You need to install CPS onto the media server, then open the CPS Admin console and do a push install to the "Business Server" you want to continuously protect.  This installs all the agents you need to get CPS working.  You shouldn't need to manually install anything from CD except on the media server.

Ford
Level 3
Dear DY, Smiley Happy

Thanks for the reply, i am able resolved the problem now.

But we are going to abandoned using the CPS function....