cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Caso

_Tomek
Level 2

Welcome
My English is not perfect so I apologize in advance for any errors.
I implement Symantec Backup Exec CASO in my organization. I want to ask few questions:
1. Is it possible to assign permissions to the account in the CASO? For example - we have a few retail locations established accounts on CASO. We would like that Global Administrator can log (rem. Adm. Console) to the CASO and was able to create backups for all servers. The local administrator in every loaction should be able to log in (rem. Adm. Console) to the CASO and create backups only for selected servers (his local servers).
2. Is there a possibility for predefining a backup policies (time, frequency, storage etc.) we would like that when we creating a backup task to choose a souce (e.g. VM) and a name of predefined policy, and that was all to create a job. In case of local administrators, it would be the best if we could define, which policies (predefined) can be used by him (without possibility of creating his own policies). Is there such functionality?
3. Is your backup created on CASO may still be visible in the list of tasks to be performed, Backup Exec server? By default, this task does not appear in BE, it’s visible only when it starts to perform.
4. We noticed that when one (kto) creates a backup job for multiple virtual machines, the machines are backed up sequentially, only one backup of the machine at any given time - can it be changed in the settings ??

thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. No way to do role-based assignment of permissions in BE at all...never has been, and doesn't seem to be on the cards either. What I did was limit what people could do via the BE Remote Console. Read my article below on this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-leverage-backup-execs-remote-console

2. No...this is as per #1 above. All jobs would be available to everyone who has access to a backup media server.

3. This would be dependant on where you locate your catalogs. They SHOULD show up on the media server, even if they're created on the CASO. If they don't, then it's either cosmetic or you might need to log a support call for Symantec to check this out further.

4. VMs are backed up sequentially which is how the software works (Veeam does the same thing for instance). To backup VMs simultaneously, you'd have to split up your jobs accordingly.

Thanks! 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

1. No way to do role-based assignment of permissions in BE at all...never has been, and doesn't seem to be on the cards either. What I did was limit what people could do via the BE Remote Console. Read my article below on this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-leverage-backup-execs-remote-console

2. No...this is as per #1 above. All jobs would be available to everyone who has access to a backup media server.

3. This would be dependant on where you locate your catalogs. They SHOULD show up on the media server, even if they're created on the CASO. If they don't, then it's either cosmetic or you might need to log a support call for Symantec to check this out further.

4. VMs are backed up sequentially which is how the software works (Veeam does the same thing for instance). To backup VMs simultaneously, you'd have to split up your jobs accordingly.

Thanks! 

_Tomek
Level 2

Thank you very much!!!