Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 14 copy to copy tape

Hi,We usually have two tapes, which have the same backup as an archive. One that's kept local, and one that's sent away for archiving.Unfortunately, our local one was wiped (didn't have the write-protection closed on the tape)Is there anyway that I c...

Missed Duplicate Jobs

Hi guysProbably a daft question but I was wondering of anyone could clear it up for me please?We have scheduled month ends to virtual tape and then a cooresponding duplicate that is triggered on completion of the month end that then writes that data ...

Sharepoint backup fails majority of time BE 2014

Hi guysThis is my first post on here so please be gentle :) I'm getting a lot of backups failing with the following. The odd one does succeed though which confuses things a bit. The job itself is running on a web box but also looking at a DB box whic...

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG

Resolved! Error E000E020 on Backup Exec 2014.

Hello all,I would like to make a question regarding error E000E020, the error message I've been having in a remote site is:"e000e020 - The duration that this job is allowed to remain scheduled has passed. It will be rescheduled. Verify that storage i...

Resolved! install backup exec agent on windows 10

hi all  i have on my enviroment machine worked on windows 10, and i need to backup huge data from this machine, i tried to install agent for symantec backup exec agent,it failed many times. i review the compatability for windows 10 with symantec bac...

Limitations of Backup Exec NDMP granular selection and restore

Hi, I'm looking to refute some competitor statements regarding Veritas Backup Exec. Client is using BEX 2014 and considering either upgrading to BEX 15 or changing to another product. The principal backup source is a large EMC NAS and the backup t...

Dead-Data by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shutdown BE without deleting logs

Hi, I need to stop all the BE 2014 services, but I dont want to lose any catalog or logs of my pervious jobs from it.  I will be using this server for another backup solution; but and use the new LTO tapes, on the same library.   So I need to che...

Resolved! Hardware compression, what backup quantities are reported?

Hello, Have this issue, and cant find any answer.    Have a 45 slot library with two drives, and few months back turned on hardware compression (otherwise none), in Backup exec 2014. It does great, like 4:1 and even higher. However my issue is t...

Ovi_I by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup BEData?

I have a new backup server built and ready to go, my question is regarding backing up the backup server itself.  I am backing up to disk first and then duplicating to tape.  For the backup server job, should I include the BEData folder?  Seems counte...

Server running out of space

Hi all! We have a weird scenario here - we have some backups job with a data retention of 6 days. For some odd reason there was a time that when the server ran out of storage, old jobs would have been expired automatically and as a result storage wa...

ramon82 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Expired Backup Sets Not Deleting

I have several expired backup sets on my local disc deduplication storage.  However, they are not deleting because there are dependent backup sets.  These dependent backup sets are on old tapes (somehow their expiration got set to 2063) which are no ...

New-BEBackupDefinition creation fails

I am using BE2014. Trying to create new Backu definition using following command.  Get-BEAgentServer AUTO-W2K8R2-32B | New-BEBackupDefinition -FileSystemSelection 'C:\temp\tdir58449' -Name backup_definition_Full_953297 -BackupJobDefault BackupToDed...

Resolved! Backup Storage Appliance

Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, I cannot find a better section in this forum.  Sorry if it's not the right place, please move it to a better appropriate place.   I am using the backup exec 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 backup s...

kha by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels