cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec DLO 2010 Install Client

yakima
Level 3

Hi All:

I did an inplace upgrade from 12.5 to 2010 which worked great. One of my only points of confusion is that there is no install file for 2010 clients. There was an upgrade .zip created on the Server for upgrading 12.5 clients to 2010 but no straight install file for 2010 clients. If I run the upgrade .zip w/o an existing 12.5 client on the machine it errors out.

Is there an install file (not upgrade) for the 2010 client agent or do I have to install 12.5 then upgrade even on new machines?

Thanks!

Y

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried just pushing out the DLO agent?  This is covered on page 137 of the Admin Guide.

yakima
Level 3

I haven't done that but we don't have File & Sharing open on our XP client firewalls so that would not be my first choice.

It just seems strange that there isn't a place for me to download a 2010 client without doing a 12.5 client install first. There must a be a 2010 client install package created if you do a fresh install of BEWS 2010 rather than the upgrade as I did so I figure there is a way to create the install files for DLO 2010 Clients but I'm stumped.

Thanks again for any insight.

Y

Bruce_Casler
Level 3
Partner

As always cant you just use the \\backup_exec_server_nameor ip\dloagent\setup.exe