cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Failed

Not applicable
Error category : Job ErrorsError : e0008821 - Job was recovered as a result of Backup Exec RPC service starting. No user action is required.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34849
3 REPLIES 3

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Sounds like there is no problem... this is a Central Admin job isn't it? As long as it recovered you should be fine and it should be rescheduled appropriately.

schnj65
Not applicable
My customer encountered the same error twice already. Everything appears to backup and verify ok; however it is disturbing to see that the job failed in the job history. there must be some explanation as to why this happens.

My environment:
Windows Server 2000 - SP4 with the latest critical updates as of 5/11/05. Server is also an AD W2K Domain Controller. Exchange server 2000 - SP3, Symantec Corp Edition 9.0 Server, Symantec Mail Security 4.5 for Exchange, Veritas 10.0 5484 w/ SP1 and Hotfix 16. Compaq ML350 server w SCSI Tape drive - HP DLTVS80, 1.5 GB of RAM. Select Veritas, Exchange, Symantec directories have been excluded from the Realtime AV scan.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Jobs recovering from what would have ended up being a failed job should be viewed as a good thing, not disturbing!

I know what you mean, any problem is annoying... In this case of recovered jobs it is most likely something temporary, such as network traffic, rebooting the target server, etc. Only your customer would be able to find out the cause I would assume.