cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Remote Agent Continously Crashes

etm
Level 3

I have a 2003 server sp1 (VM) and the remote agent crashes every other day or so.  There may be some days in which there aren't any issues, but it will show up eventually.  This server does have SQL 2k5 and I am backup the dbs that reside on there.  AFO is turned off.  The error that always pops up is faulting module bedscomn.dll, version 14.0.1798.1244.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the remote agent serveral times, and have republished the server from the media server as well.  I can't think of what else to do besides repeating the same thing over and over to just get a temp fix.  If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly apprecaited.  Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, If this is BE 2012, is SP3 , which is the latest service pack for BE 2012 installed? If not, get the media server updated via LiveUpdate, and push-install the remote agent updates out. I would also make sure that any AV installed on the remote server isn't perhaps blocking the remote agent from running properly. Thanks!

etm
Level 3

Yes, this is BE 2012, I did do a live update and it is not picking up the latest service pack.  Is it not out yet?  SEP also does not seem to be interferring.  I used to get a VsJITdebugger error that would pop up along with the error that I posted.  I soon found that this was what replaced Dr Watson?  I ended up turning on Dr. Watson to see if maybe that would correct, as at that point I was grasping for straws, and it didn't seem to do anything except come up as a possible threat within SEP.  Not sure what SP3 will do as this has been an issue before I installed SP2.