Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec SQL Job Queued up for Long Time

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All, 

We have issue with SQL backup where the backup hungs in the ququed forever, Can someone guide me to troubleshoot this ? As i also have another SQL as same as this server but the SQL backups on those servers are running fine.

Thanks,

Nayab

29 REPLIES 29

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Its not necessary that the error will be directly related to BE. It can be SQL or other network errors as well.

Check the job log for the timestamp when the job failed and check all corresponding events prior to and leading to that time in the SQL server's event logs. Should give you a clue.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If the SQL backup is in the same job as for backups then try running the SQL backup in a separate job.

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Vjware, 

I can see some errors but dont know if the backups are failing because of these errors have no clue, 

Thx,

Nayab

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Pkh, 

I have tried it already when i choose to exclude the huge DB file the backup is successful, But when i choose the DB file which is 1TB it fails :(

Thanks,

Nayab

VJware
Level 6

PM me the failed job log along with the Application & System logs from the SQL server. Thanks.

VJware
Level 6

Are you able to copy a 1TB file across the network without any failures ?

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You mean to say windows to windows COPY ? ctrl+c and ctrl+v ??????? From Backup server to remote server ? I haven't tried that yet

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not able to start the copy , I have tried to copy the DB file from the DB server to the Backup server i see no copying started ever....

VJware
Level 6

If a Windows Copy doesn't work, then the issue is definitely outside BE or even SQL for that matter and is network related.

Nayabsk
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hey VJ, 

Yes the issue is out of BE and due to network congestion as i have kick started backups during early monring its been successful but evenings it was failing.

Thanks,

Nayab