cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec Selection List Error

asmagh
Level 2

Hi everybody,

Can anyone please help me get a solution to this problem.
I'm running Backup Exec 2010 r3 (with SQL 2005) on Windows server 2008 R2.
All backup jobs are running succefully
But since few days I'm can no more view or edit my selection list.
When I test authentification information on BE console, I get this error message:

Stack Trace at BackupExec.UI.BEdlgs.SelectionProperties(Guid[] guidarray, Int32 arraysize)
at BackupExec.UI.Data.JobInst.OnProperties(Command command, LIst 1 listuiObject).

Thank you :) :)

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Go to Add/Remove Programs and repair BE. If this does not work, then uninstall the .Net Framework and then repair BE

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if the below article helps

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH59033

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...you might want to try a BEDB repair using BEutility.exe...

asmagh
Level 2

Thank you pkh 

I don't know if it makes any difference to uninstall or Update .Net before reparing BE 

What I did is to update my .Net Framework 3.5 from Windows Update then repared BE

but it didn't solve my problem :( 

asmagh
Level 2

Thank you CraigV

I have run a check consistency and I didn't got any error 

That's why I'm afraid to run a repair on my BEDB since backups jobs are running correctly.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...repairing your BEDB makes no changes or deletions to BE itself at all. Run it on many occassions and never had an issue, so it might actually be worth it.

Thanks!

Laurie_Downey
Level 6
Employee

Have you recently installed another instnce of SQL or maybe Windows updates ran?

That appears to be an issue that was seen in previous versions of Backup Exec. I strongly advise you open up a support case to continue with one of our support agents to assist you in moving forward. If you send me a PM, I am happy to help.  

pkh
   VIP    Certified

It could be that your .Net Framwork is corrupted. If you uninstall it, it would be re-installed during the BE repair.

Also, are you on SP4 and the latest hotfixes?  If not, you should run LiveUpdate a couple of times to upgrade to SP4 and the latest hotfixes.