cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec crashes when opening reports

Mark_Proops
Level 2
Hello,

I have been having a problem on Backup Exec 10d running on Server 2003. When trying to open a report the program hangs for about 5 seconds and then closes. I have tried several versions of Adobe and this has made no difference. Every now and then it decides to work but there seems to be no consistency when it does this. The following error message is being logged:

Source: Application Error
Category: (100)
Event ID: 1000

Faulting application BkupExec.exe, version 10.1.5629.0, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.1830, fault address 0x0003286c.
8 REPLIES 8

Rick_Lawsha_2
Level 3
I have the same problem. Whenever I use a report to create a job and I select "include job log with a notification to an e-mail or printer recipient" the report kind of goes bonkers. It may or may not email the report and it may or may not include the detail. when I go to the server and try and look at the report it may just cause BE to totally exit. I have all the latest updates that I know of and this has essentially made the report feature useless for me. It doesn't do any good to send someone a report that says your backup has skipped x number of files and then not tell them which files were skipped.

Mark_Proops
Level 2
This isn't really the same problem at all. The reports that won't open for me are scheduled job summary reports. This report runs every morning and list all the activity from a defined period. When the job completes and you select it up from the job monitor tab it opens up the Job History but as soon as you select the report tab to view the Adobe report, the program closes down.

Rick_Lawsha_2
Level 3
Sounds kinda the same to me. I am also talking about job summary reports, specifically, problem files report. Login to the server, view the job (created by the report) and whammo.

Mark_Proops
Level 2
oh ok sorry I misunderstood.

So where are Symantec support when you need them??!!!

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Mark!

This issue may occur if parameter values given to the report exceed 255 characters plus a null value, please refer to following technote in this context:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/269091

If above condition is not satisfied then please try following:

Stop all the services and then try to rename the catalog folder to catalog.old

Start all the services and check if the issue is resolved.

Else download the Microsoft Component Checker and verify there are no miss matched DLL's for MDAC.

Please do revert back on this.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Rick_Lawsha_2
Level 3
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I ran the MDAC component checker tool on my Server 2003sp1 server with BE 10 10d and I got the following mismatch:

MSADCO.DLL
Version I have installed: 2.82.2651.0
Version I should have: 2.82.1830.0

Is that a problem?

Mark_Proops
Level 2
The issue where over 255 characters are used does not apply to me. The only parameter I put in is how many hours to include in the summary report (normally 15 hours).

I have run the component checker and did not get any mismatches. This is on v2.8 sp2.

I am a bit worried about renaming the catalog folder to catalog.old. Does this mean we will have to recreate all the jobs from scratch or will they still be there?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

You can repair database of Backup Exec and then check the results. Please refer to the below mentioned link:

How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Do not rename the catalog folder.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.