cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec for SBS and options

Not applicable
I have a customer who is considering purchasing MS Small Business Server within the next year. In the mean time, I am trying to help them develop a better disaster recovery system.

What I would like to know, if they were to purchase Backup Exec for SBS, is it possible to install this on a standard Windows server for now? They do not have Exchange, but there would be MS SQL on a different server.

Also, they have a Linux web server and a couple of NetWare servers. I would like to know if it is possible to use these agents with Backup Exec for SBS? The Linux server is running RedHat Enterprise, if I remember correctly.

One NetWare server is 3.12 and another is 5.1. I assume that 3.12 is not supported by the remote agent, but would it still be possible to back up that server?

Thanks,

Steve
2 REPLIES 2

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
We would like to mention you that SBS flavor of Backup Exec can only be installed on SBS version of Windows OS. SBS Backup Exec cannot be installed on Standard Windows 2000 /2003 server.

Also refer the following technote which explains various editions of Backup Exec software.

Title:- What are the differences between various editions of VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.x/10.x for Windows Servers?

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253755.htm

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers - Software Compatibility List

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264484.htm

Kindly check the above link which mentions the compatibility of other software's that you have mentioned and if the list's supports them, then Backup Exec for Windows SBS would also support them.

We hope this helps.

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.",

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.