cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec hangs when attempting to select Domino databases for backup job

anoel
Level 3
Version 7.0 Rev 7170, with hotfix 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
When attempting to create a backup job, I drill down to Lotus Domino server (7.0.1). When I attempt to expand the "Databases on dominoserver...." to select databases, the Backup Exec program hangs.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Remote Agent on the Domino server (after the media server was updated), but the problem remains.

Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6

harmstrong
Level 5
Employee Accredited
Hi Anoel,

Change the settings for the change Journal in the Registry to 0
HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\domino > Enable change Journal.

After that you have to restart the remote Agent service.

Hotfix 4 for Backup Exec 11D 7170 address this issue .  Make after you apply the hotfix on the media server that you reinstall the remote agents.

A Lotus database backup performed with the Backup Exec Lotus Agent may hang or fail with the error 'The journal entry has been deleted from the journal'

Regards,
harmstrong
Symantec

anoel
Level 3
I had applied hotfix 4 to the media server and then removed and reinstalled the remote agent on the domino server earlier, but continue to see this problem. (The media server has hotfixes 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10. All were installed when I first ran "Live Update" after installing the Backup Exec program on the media server.)

I have now tried your suggestion to change the registry values. (I changed those values on both the media server and on the domino server.) After restarting all backup exec services on both machines, I still see the problem - the Backup Exec program hangs when I attempt to select Domino databases for a backup job.

Is there anything else I can try?

Joji
Level 5
Hi, I've been having the same issues. Were you able to resolve the issue yet? I also sent msg to Symantec tech support (STN) and they just sent me a link to a download site and did not help me resolve the issue.
Thanks.

anoel
Level 3
No, I haven't been able to resolve this issue yet. If I do, I'll be sure to post whatever solution I find.

I'm hoping Symantec technicians will post some other possible solutions...

Joji
Level 5
thanks and good luck! I'll also post any info that might help resolve this issue.

anoel
Level 3
To Symantec technicians: Is this issue being investigated? Others in this forum are reporting very similar or identical problems. Can we expect a fix soon?

A major factor influencing my decision to purchase this product was its claim to be able to efficiently back up Domino databases. So far, I have been unable to back up a single database.

Any assistance or information regarding the status of your fixes would be appreciated.