cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec job engine will not start; 0x8007000e

marcouenk
Level 3

Hello all,

I have a (very old) problem with our Back up and i cant find the awnser in one of the many posts on this forum.

We use Veritas Backup Exec 10.0d on our Windows Small Business Server 2003 SP2 (Standard edition). Everything was working fine (we are backing up daily to a tape) for several months. On a wednesday the job engine failed en will not restart.

When we try to restart (the service) we get the error: Error 0x8007000e: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

We event tried to repair, with no result and the deinstall will not work. We looked at rules and user acces but nothing seems to work.

We tried the MS hotfix but these are not availible for small business server.

The Server is a HP ML110 G6:

Intel Xeon X3430, 4GB and 250 GB HDD (more than enough room on the C and D partition)

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Operating system error 0x8007000e(Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125677

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you reboot the server (to release some memory).

marcouenk
Level 3

Hi Maheshroja, TNX i will try this right away and let you know.

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

1. Right Click My Computer Properties
2. Advanced Tab | Performance Settings button | Advanced Tab | Change button then choose which disk have more space and select System Managed Size Reboot the server and check.

marcouenk
Level 3

I already tried to set the virtual mem. No result. :s

marcouenk
Level 3

Hi all,

What SQL client can you recommend? I can't find the .bch file.

I rechecked the mem.

Intenal mem = 2,5 GB free

C part = 5 GB free

D part = 175 GB free

Reboted the server @ lunch (last time)

marcouenk
Level 3

Status update.

Backup Exec 10.0d crashes the "Volume Shadow Copy" service, I need to restart the service manualy when I started Backup Exec. We are now able to backup Exchange with the NTbackup from MS. So we have al lease a backup.

Is there a known fix? The system is up to date (all updates and VSS hotfixes are installed).

Please help

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Exchange Backup job fails with error, "Snapshot provider error (0x8007000E): Ran out of memory."

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125936

marcouenk
Level 3

Tnx for the fast reaction.

Our server is not at our location. I will try this when I am physically at the server (just in case).

I will let you know if this resolved the issue

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Check it and update the status