cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec not responding when browsing the Lotus Notes databases

Patrik
Level 4
When i am trying so set up a new backup job by choosing the Notes databases the BE will not respond anymore, what could be the problem. I have the remote agent on the Notes server (different server) and the Notes agent is installed on the BE server.
5 REPLIES 5

Jakob_Markussen
Level 4
Hi Patrik.

I got this from Symantec support, perhaps It will apply in your case to:

On the server that has Lotus Domino installed

1. Stop all Backup Exec services

2. Open the Windows Registry Editor by going to START > RUN and typing REGEDIT

2. Highlight the following registry key: HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino

3. Change the value on the right of Enable change Journal from 1 to 0

On the Lotus Domino server, do a search for NotesDB*.ucj files from X:\Program Files\Symante \Backup Exec\LOGS and delete the files that are returned in the search.

X is equal to the drive letter where the Backup Exec Remote Agent installation is located

4. Start all of the Backup Exec services to commit the change

5. Stop all of the Backup Exec services

6. Highlight the following registry key: HKLM\software\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino

7. Change the value on the right of Enable change Journal from 0 to 1

8. Start all Backup Exec services to commit the change again

9. Expand Lotus Domino within the Backup Exec GUI. The Lotus Domino databases should now be present and the .UCJ files should have been recreated in the X:\Program Files\Symante \Backup Exec\LOGS folder on the Lotus Domino server.

X is equal to the drive letter where the Backup Exec Remote Agent installation is located

Patrik
Level 4
Hi Jakob,

done that but i didn´t find any .UCJ files

regards
Patrik

Jakob_Markussen
Level 4
Hi Patrik.

Ok - sorry. It did solve my problem with BE GUI not responding. I found som ucj files on my system.
I had same problem with terminal servers running Lotus client. Still the only "solution" from Symantec is to reinstall agents and restart servers (ucj files are not found on the these servers).

These are only part of the problems I have had since upgrading to 11...

Tangui
Level 2
Hello,

We had the exact same problem with our new 11d install (the old 8.6 was running fine...)
It seems that the Domino agent is buggy (the symantec support people told me about a "know problem")
I haven't seen anything about that on the latest (7071) BE release notes, so for know i'm staying on 6235...

But the main issue is that the communication problem between the BE server and the Domino agent lead the backup jobs to WAIT.... not to fail... so, no error message, no way to bypass the server with the buggy agent to continue the jobs...   and restarting every BE Agent on all of my Domino servers every day is not a realistic solution....

So, we are waiting for a fix from Symantec (at least a bit of communication will be appreciated...)

Naper_Admin
Level 3
Has there been ANY update on this situation?  I am running into issues where my Domino 6.5.4 servers are not backing up under BE 12.  The jobs just go to the queued status and then sit there.  ANY ideas?