cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec reporting feature

Xperience
Not applicable
Hello,

I am running backup exec 2010 on a 2008 R2 server, fresh new build, only exchange installed.

I am trying to schedule the job summary report to run, when i run the report to screen using 24hrs job status, it shows the full report as i would expect.  However when i run the scheduled report, and set the notification to 'Printer' it prints out 2 lines stating the backup completed successfully.  This however i believe to be the notification that the reporting task completed sucessfully, not printing the report with the information that i expected from the screen output of the report job.

i have changed the report to PDF from HTML, however that made no difference, i have also tried the same thing on backup exec 12.5 - getting the same output. 

Any ideas on this would be a great help!

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

rbharris
Level 3

I'm having the same problem.  When I select to include the report for a printer recip I only get a message stating the job itself ran and completed.

Here is my post: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-printer-recipient-not-printing-full-...

Still hoping for an answer.

Ayush
Level 4

The only way to print the report is to save it and then print in normal way.

Please refer the following document, 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO22824

Is states that You can also assign notification recipients to the report job just as you would for other Backup Exec jobs, such as backups and restores. If you select Include job log with a notification to an e-mail or printer recipient, the report is included with the notification. If this option is not selected, the recipient only gets a message that the report has run.

Ayush
Level 4

Hey any updates?

If your query is answered mark this as a solution and close the thread.

rbharris
Level 3

Is states that You can also assign notification recipients to the report job just as you would for other Backup Exec jobs, such as backups and restores. If you select Include job log with a notification to an e-mail or printer recipient, the report is included with the notification. If this option is not selected, the recipient only gets a message that the report has run.

Right, which is what is not working for either of us.  We are selecting the option to include the report to the printer recipient but it only prints the job status (that the report ran).