cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec v10 Services won't start after upgrade fom v9.1

royceracer
Level 3
Receive error: Could not start the Backup Exec Job Engine service on Local Computer. Error 1068: The dependency service or group failded to start.

Also, Could not start the Backup Exec Server service on Local Computer. Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

RLR:-)
21 REPLIES 21

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
The issue may be due to mismatched MDAC components. Suggest you to run the MDAC component checker as per the following document:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/267799
After running MDAC component checker, look out for mismatched files and if found any let us know the file names.

royceracer
Level 3
I finally got the services to load! No help from Dell GOLD Support! I had to 1) Set all the BE services to Manual 2) Restart the server 3) copy/paste all the c:\Program Files\Veritas\BackupExec\Data files into a temporariy location (now I'm missing all my jobs--I'll probably have to recreate them) 4) Run the v10 setup again.

There appears to have been some corrupt files in the DATA directory. Clue was a Veritas Errors for someone doing a an upgrade from 8.0 to 8.5. So this appears to work for 9.1 to v10.

RLR:-)