cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec ver8.6

Not applicable
Is the Veritas Backup Exec ver 8.6 compatible with the Windows 2003 server ?
6 REPLIES 6

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
Not really no. It will backup the content from the Win2k3 remote server, but it won't backup the system state.

I've only got it installed on a win2k box, backing up various servers including a couple of win2k3 boxes, so I don't know how it would work installing it on a win2k3 server, but I assume it would install but just be unable to backup the system state.

makal01
Level 2
Hi

Support for Windows 2003 is definately not supported with version 8.6. You can refer to the following support article. http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/237486.htm

Level 2
In my test enviroment I installed Veritas back up Exec 8.6 in Windows 2003 Server Standart Edition. But now, when I try to install it in our production site With a Enterprise Edition of Windows I get an add that says that I need a newer version of veritas in order to install in this OS.

Anyone has any clues ??

How can I get an upgrade to another version that supports this OS. ?

Where can I buy it ?

thewuzzles
Not applicable
I recently replaced a stand alone drive on our BackupExec server with a Sony AIT LIB81 tape library due to the previous drive had failed permanently.

When I rebooted the server it detects the drive but does not detect the library.

Any suggestions!

I re-installed the autoloader/robotic library support and still does not recognize the library!

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Have you loaded a driver for the Library?

Does NTbackup see and use both libray and drive?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As stated earlier. v8.6 does not support W2K3. You need v9.0.4454 at a minimum. Veritas will only sell you v9.1 (or v10 if it has hit the streets) You can probably find a copy or two of v9.0 on EBay,