cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failes connecting to remote agent on local server

compass
Not applicable
Here is the situation, currently I backup 3 servers, with 11d and 2 remote agents. My servers are WEB (with remote agent installed), DATABASE (with remote agent installed), and Server02, (no agent, but backup exec is installed on this machine)

The remote agents work fine, but im getting this error in my job log with every backup.

Backup- SERVER02
V-79-57344-3844 - The media server was unable to connect to the Remote Agent on machine SERVER02.
The media server will use the local agent to try to complete the operation.
Remote Agent not detected on \\SERVER02.

So why is it attemping to use a remote agent for the local server? I only want the local agent for this box anyways.
1 REPLY 1

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
There is a remote agent installed with the Backup Exec server.  It is used for backups of the local machine and to communicate with other agents. 

In the backup job you are getting this error in are there two listings for this server?  If so, go into your job properties, edit the selection list.  Deselect System State and Shadow Copy Components. Submit the job. Now edit the job again, reselect System State and Shadow Copy Components, submit the job again.  Note you do need to submit the job each time or the change will not take effect.