cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failing

Richard_Hanel
Level 3
I have a client running BE 8.6 with a 20/40 DAT drive backing up 14GB of data. The past 2 weeks, they keep getting a failure with there backup. The log shows all data backed up except the System State (last part) and never does a verify. After the D drive is backed up, the following message appears "The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more sets created during this operation. The operation can not be continued." The tape is then ejected and needs to be manually canceled.

I have tried moving all tapes to the Scratch Folder and do a full erase and I still get the same message. Please guide me as to what could be going on.

Thank you,
Rich
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
That message has one and only one meaning

The tape has filled up and BackupExec has tried to reload the same tape to contuinue the job.

If you are sure that the backup job is only 14 GB and you are using tapes that will hold 20 GB native, you may need to delete and recreate the select list and job.

Richard_Hanel
Level 3
Thank you.

I will recreate the job tonight.

James_Turner_3
Level 2
I will try this also. I posted above about the same thing. But funny thing is that I was backing 40gigs 2 weeks ago now it wont even get 30gigs. Any explanation on this? Can you shed some light on this for me?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
You can try recreating the Selection List to make sure that it hasn't become corrput