cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetBackup - Reportes de Backups en curso

Friedrich
Level 2

I would appreciate confirming if it is feasible to send reports of Backups in Progress; Since you want to track certain backups.

5 REPLIES 5

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

Instead of sending reports you can watch these jobs in Activity monitor on web UI or java GUI. You can see them in the IT analytics, Alta View or OpsCenter....

I don't see a valid reason to send report on a job which is in progress.

Friedrich
Level 2

OK; then there is no option to schedule the sending of a Backup Status Report "In Progress", could you confirm me?.

We want a more dynamic monitoring and reach to people who do not have to enter the OpCenter tool, to know that the backup is In Progress; especially with backups that can last up to 24 hours.

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

I do confirm - I am not aware of any report which is available for on-going jobs...

From the other hand you can always run bpdbjobs |grep Active |grep for whatever you are interested| mailx -s "this report is running" towhomevercare@your.domain.com

also you can try use APIs to achieve what you want ....

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I do not know IT analytics, so I cannot help you on that, but you can create a script using the bpdbjobs command and send it by email.

I have a script that runs using crontab every morning with the jobs running for more than 10 hours.

days=1
hours=10
temp=/tmp
ddate=`date  --date="$days days ago" +"%m/%d/%y %H:%M"`

bpdbjobs -all_columns -t "$ddate"|grep -v SLP_ >${temp}/bpdbjobs_no_slp.txt
echo running jobs for more than ${hours}H
echo
cat ${temp}/bpdbjobs_no_slp.txt | awk -F"," '{if ($3 =="1") print $1","$5","$6","$7","int($10/60/60)","int($10%(60*60)/60)","$10%60}' |awk -F"," -v h=$hours '{if ($5 >= h) print $1","$2","$3" ,"$4","$5":"$6":"$7}' 

Friedrich
Level 2

OK, I will validate what is indicated, thank you @StefanosM y @quebek