cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Failures how to fix

Mark_Hallam
Level 3
These are the errors I get that are failing the backup, the exchange database had a eseutil /recovery run on it a month back which restored to to working order, but now i get this in bacup exec also it is getting differenes in a few files down the bottom of the error log, does this indidcate hardware problems or is there a way to fix this

Backup - \\PCSERVER\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Database or database element is corrupt
Database or database element is corrupt
Verify - D: DataDifference encountered in file data.
The file \MacServer\Library\•Work In Progress\BFH Breakfree\BreakFree Resort images\Eco Beach\IMG_1946.tif is different.
Difference encountered in file data.
The file \MacServer\Library\•Work In Progress\GKI\GKI CD\water 2.tif is different.
Difference encountered in file data.
The file \Users\Joe\Royal Brunei\junoctroyalbruneipress Booked Rev 3.xls is different.
Verify - Shadow?Copy?Components Shadow?Copy?ComponentsDifference encountered in file data.
The file System?State\System Files\System Files is different.
5 REPLIES 5

Parag_Bhide
Level 3
Hi Mark,

As I understand you are facing two issues: 1) Database or database element is corrupt.
2) Difference encountered in file data.

For the first issue, try unchecking the SIS option and then take a backup. This can be an issue with a

particular mail which is corrupted and the application is trying to backup that mail. Also check the log

file for a particular mail box error.

If you are using Exchange 2003 then you need to check the below mentioned link
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265159.htm

Second issue: Please visit the links mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229641.htm (soft write & Hard Write errors).
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/267554.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mark_Hallam
Level 3
I will check this out right now and will post back.

What is the SIS Option ? I will try this, I Currently have the information store being backed up and the Mailboxes bar the deleted items.

he 2nd Issue I am a little unsure, I will report back tommorrowMessage was edited by:
Mark Hallam

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

We are awaiting your update on the 2issues you were facing earlier. SIS is single instance storage. YOu can find the option in backup job properties, Exchange tab. Uncheck that option and test the results of backup.

Do write back to the forum if the problem persists.
However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Mark_Hallam
Level 3
I will try this tonight
Thanks

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Thank you for the update we are awaiting the result.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.