cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job Reports Not Licencsed for Exchange and SQL Agents

Andrew_Davidson
Level 2
I have purchased Symantec Backup Exec SBS Standard edtion.
I contact licensing prior to purchase of this product to confirm that the agents for exchange server and sql server were included with this product. They indicated they were.
I have installed my license key (was installed as an evaluation copy) in the software and the software indicates under help, about symantec backup exec for windows server, license information that the agent for exchange server and sql server are installed and license.
I had an existing backup job which failed to backup the exchange and sql components. 
I deleted this job and created a new job and still am returned the following errors when the job attempts to run:

Job ended: May 27, 2008 at 6:29:56 AMCompleted status: FailedFinal error: 0xe0009418 - Access to a device was not authorized with this edition of Backup Exec.Final error category: Other ErrorsFor additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-37912
Click an error below to locate it in the job log

Backup- \\W2KSERVER01\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
Access to the device Configuration DB (W2KSERVER01\SHAREPOINT\STS_Config) is not authorized with thi...A selection on device http://companyweb\Team DB 1 (W2KSERVER01\SHAREPOINT\STS_W2KSERVER01_1) was ski...A selection on device Shadow?Copy?Components was skipped because of previous errors with the job.
When I created the job I selected the components listed above in the selection list as well have the agents enabled.   Should I simply not select the components above in the selection list?

Otherwise if I have created the job correctly, can anyone provide assistance with this licensing issue?
2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
The agent for Sharepoint server is not the same as the agent for MSSQL

Message Edited by Ken Putnam on 05-27-2008 11:23 AM

Andrew_Davidson
Level 2
Forgive my Ignorance.

I do not have sharepoint server installed on the server.

The error is being returned for the SQL database that is related to the sharepoint services, should this not be accessible via the sql agent that is included in the SBS software?