Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job (backup to disk folder) of a remote server fail with error e00084ca

valeriov
Level 3
Partner

hi all,

I have a problem with BE12.5 Sp1 and remote windows server (2003R2 with SP2). 

I use AOFO and Mysql agent, but the problem is the core backup exec process i think.

When i try to run a job, it fail with error e00084ca.

The message, for each file in the job, is that the file XXX is different. i've searched for this error on a KB, but nothing solve my problem.

How i can troubleshoot and solve this problem and verify if the problem is on a BE Server or on remote server?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in Advance

8 REPLIES 8

MAHESHN
Level 4

OK.. did we try backing up to lacal drive ?

when you say you are trying to backup to a remote servere, is it a Remote server or a nas storage box ?

Message Edited by MAHESHN on 01-25-2009 08:16 PM

valeriov
Level 3
Partner

The remote server is a windows 2003R2 sp2.

There is a misunderstanding.

I backup a remote server (with remote agent installed) to a local hard disk drive (The disk is stored on a SAN and attached to BE Server via fibre channel) of BE Server.

On the remote server there isn't any error message in the event viever, instead, on a BE Server, there are 3 event messages 33808, 57612 and 34113

On both servers is installed Symantec Antivirus 10.1.7 (but is installed also on other servers and the backup runs fine).

At last, the remote server is a virtual machine (esx 3.5 U2), but, also in this case, all my server (except BE Server) are virual machine and there aren't problems with backup so i think that the problem isn't the VMware or the remote agent, but the core BE sw.

Message Edited by valeriov on 01-26-2009 01:28 AM

valeriov
Level 3
Partner

Ok, i found the problem (found, not solved), it was a network problem.....

In my infrastructure i use a separate network card (on a different VLAN) to backup the server, so i can reduce collision and balance network traffic. If i use the backup VLAN, the backup doesn't work and i receive error e000084ca, if i use the normal network adapter seems to be ok.

I think that the problem is that the remote agent publish the remote server with wrong name (the server have 2 DNS name: 1-server.domain.local; 2-server.backup.domain.local, the remote agent public the first name, i need to publish the second), now i search how to solve this problem.

If i solve the problem i post the solution for other users, if anyone use my configuration and has already solved the problem, help would be appreciated....

Message Edited by valeriov on 01-27-2009 03:03 AM

valeriov
Level 3
Partner
Thanks for your response, i had already seen that document, but, unfortunately, that's not a solution  because i need to chenage the "Published names for this agent" that can't be changed from interface.....

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Click "Add" and provide the backup network IP of the media server

valeriov
Level 3
Partner
I need to change the name of the server to backup (local for remote agent and remote for media server), not the name of the media server.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

On the remote box, configure publishing and give it the Backup Network IP address of the Media Server

This should force the backup to take place over the backup network rather than the regular network