cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Job shows "Ready" Status but does nothing

Jeff_Mock
Level 3
I have a backup job that runs nightly. For some reason it's status says "ready" but it won't run. I haven't found any information on this so far. Any help offered would be greatly appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Has it never run?
Did it used to runb, but won't run any more?
Will it "Run Now"?

Jeff_Mock
Level 3
Originally it ran fine, however over the weekend we had a power outage and since then the status said something to the effect of "not in time window" or something similar. Then I cycled the backup exec services and tried forcing the job to run and eventually it went to the status of "ready"

upsdave
Level 2
I am having the same "ready"status problem. I submitted a full backup to run at 21:00 last night, 4-6-05. I came in this morning and the job was sitting there in "ready" status. I've tried to do a"run now" but as yet, it hasn't started. Any ideas? Thx!

upsdave
Level 2
On the Device tab of Backup Exec, I noticed my robotic libraries were off-line. Following the suggestion under Help, I stopped and started the 6 Backup Exec services. Once the services re-started, the robotic libraries were back on-line, and my job went from "ready" status to
"running."

Darpan_Thaker
Level 5
Please check for active alerts in alerts tab of Backup Exec. To isolate the cause of issue, do the following:

1. Move one media to scratch media set
2. Configure and run a small overwrite backup job and verify the result.

We also suggest creating a Backup-to-disk folder, then target the suspected job to newly created Backup-to-disk folder and verify the result.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hi,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.